Monday, June 15, 2009

Thing # 2 - Initial Thoughts on Web 2.0

Wow! I've learned so much already! I feel like I've been exposed to more things in these few exercises and activities than I have in a whole year of normal living!
There are many ways that I can see these things aiding my profession, mostly in how I relate to and interact directly with students and parents in the whole realm of communicating and teaching.
It is so important to be able to "speak the language" so that students are willing to listen to what we are trying to teach them. It is really impossible to impact them without communicating with them in the way that they communicate with each other. I do feel, though that no matter how advanced the technology is, or how much a teacher uses it to effectively improve teaching/learning, nothing can replace the individual connection between teacher and student.
In a fast paced world, however, we as educators can certainly be more efficient with instruction time and aid in communication by utilizing the web 2.0 tools!

1 comment:

  1. It is always funny to me how you may have never heard about Web 2.0, and then you take a class or staff development, and then you hear about Web 2.0 everywhere.

    ReplyDelete