Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Thing #7 - importance of commenting

As I have been digging through all of these blogs I find that I have been "sucked" in by the different subject matter, but more importantly, the personal aspect to the posts and comments. It's like I've been sitting in on roundtable discussions and have been able to go down each of the "rabbit trails" with all of the participants in the discussions. Without commenting from the readers of the blogs, this would not be possible. It would merely be a "lecture" or an "essay" written by the blogger.
I think with practice I can learn to "invite" comments when I post a comment on my blog. This will definitely take some practice and experience because we are so conditioned to communicate in a more factual, opinionated way when we're writing. I think that's the key for me... to view blogging as if I'm actually talking, but yet I'm WRITING the words that I'm speaking instead of actually "voicing" them!
I want to become more comfortable with this and not afraid to share some about myself in a meaningful way which would draw attention to what I have to say.

4 comments:

  1. You are right, it is not really comfortable to comment or even blog right now for many of us. Especially those of us that tend to just be listeners and not talkers, but I suppose just jumping in there will begin to make me more comfortable

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we're all in the "hesitant" boat together right now. Maybe if we just practice commenting on each others blogs then the confidence will come. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will actually get pretty addicting. You will find yourself wanting to read through all the posts and comments. You always find something that is useful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm having a hard time picking up momentum this week. I let myself "rest" over the weekend a little too much, plus I'm feeling a little too bogged down in the playing around with creating images. I guess this is just a little too new for me! I'm not giving up though - still pressing on to explore!!

    ReplyDelete