Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Thing #4 - Comments on blog posts

I really enjoyed reading these blogs, and not only learned about blogging in general, but also felt that I stretched my brain in thinking through many of our traditional educational practices and the whole learning process that we as teachers attempt to foster each day in our classrooms.
I especially enjoyed "A Rationale for Educational Blogging" since this medium is relatively new for me and I need to think out of my box quite a bit! Speaking of that, one major observation in all of these blogs is that to truly implement blogging in a productive way requires quite a "shift" from most of our structures and systems. For example, there is so much freedom and letting go of inhibitions to share the thoughts and ideas that students have in response to what is taught by the teacher, without fear of being interrupted, being"cut off" by someone more articulate, or receiving a bad grade for wrong spelling, grammar, etc. This could really help those students who perhaps have "shut down" and are not engaged in classroom activities and discussions.
Another observation I had is that most of the comments were positive and few expressed disagreement with the postings.

1 comment:

  1. From now on, you will always look at a lesson or plan your lessons differently. You will always want to think how can I incorporate technology. By doing that, you will reach some kids that may have been less engaged before.

    ReplyDelete