Friday, July 3, 2009

Thing #13 - Delicious

Delicious is AMAZING!!! I had so much fun with this! I can think of so many ways to make my life as a choir director and my personal life as well, much easier by using this! It took me a while to figure it all out, but after following the steps in the activities it finally clicked and I realized it is really very "user friendly". I explored a few random sites by doing a search on "High School Choirs" "and "piano" which was interesting but a little too broad and very overwhelming. The High School sites mostly took me to specific high school choir websites, which could be helpful if I was wanting to see how other schools set their web pages up. However, the most helpful way for me to use Delicious will be to tag the websites that I use OFTEN, and that is exactly what I did.
I'm sure that I will be adding to these as I come across other websites that are helpful for me as a choir teacher and will find some sites that my colleagues have found to be useful as well.
Specifically, the Charms website(an office management system specifically designed for music teachers) is indispensible to our choir department at PHS. We use it for literally every operation and organizational system that we have! By tagging this site on delicious I will be able to access it easily and allow others to access it as well. I also tagged the TMEA (Texas Music Educators Association) and TCDA (Texas Choral Directors Association) websites. The information and functions on these sites are so essential to teaching music in Texas! This will help to keep me updated and informed of legislation concerning the fine arts in Texas and also upcoming clinics, conventions, UIL rules, etc...
I'm anxious to hear how other music educators use delicious to aid them in the multitude of tasks that confront us daily including choosing music, staying current on UIL rules and requirements, rehearsing and preparing for concerts and competitions, teaching theory, and not to mention trips and all that goes along with that! Certainly, anything we can find to help us will be truly DELICIOUS!
Here is the link to my bookmarks for further information: My bookmarks

No comments:

Post a Comment