Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Thing # 18 - YouTube

Searching through YouTube for music videos is something that we as musicians, especially choir directors, do frequently! I enjoyed my "required" searches for this class, however, and found a few extra tools along the way that I know will help make my future searches quicker!
I chose to search for High School choir videos, and actually found one of our Poteet Choirs from 2007! I also put in a search for college choirs, and then specifically, UNT, my alma mater, and found a great chamber performance of "Jesu Dulcis Memoria". I also searched for videos on family vacations, since that is on my mind right now - and found an interesting video on a BEACH vacation in Lido, Florida. My "how to" video "find" was the "Iowa City High Freshman Concert Choir Rehearsal". I'm always looking for tips to teach sightreading to beginning groups and YouTube offers resources for this. However, you have to be careful as some of the choirs obviously, do not have the "polish" and quality that I'm wanting to "model" in my choirs!
Finally, I searched through worship music as I am often using YouTube for new ideas and songs at my church. Since I seem to be having a "beach/mountain" theme this summer, I chose this video!

No comments:

Post a Comment