Friday, July 3, 2009

Thing #6 - Comment on RSS feed

I really enjoyed finding out about the 30 options for finding books DIGITALLY and how to build a digital library! I admit I never really thought about this before. I LOVE to read and usually read several books a summer, as do my children, so this could open up a whole new world of reading for us as a family, and myself, as an individual. On her blog http://macmomma.blogspot.com/2009/06/30-places-to-find-free-books-book.html she lists sites with a wide range of types of books and reading levels for everyone!
I just returned from a trip to the beach, so was especially interested in the audio books and "Beach Reads" on one of her links. (www.amazon.com.) What a great way to interest our students and children in classic literature, novels, history, or whatever THEY might be interested in!
When my children were young we always enrolled in the local library book clubs and summer reading programs. This was how I instilled the love of reading in them. The concept of building a digital library could also instill this love of reading in our students and maybe even build confidence and excitement in students who have not been exposed to a wide range of subjects and have not been surrounded by "readers" in their households as my children have been. Why not branch out to a new world of "storing" books other than literal shelves in a library or book store??? (We can still enjoy the "hard copies" as well !)

No comments:

Post a Comment