Sunday, July 5, 2009

Thing #15 - Wiki Sandcastles

Playing in this sandbox was quite an experience! I'm glad I was forewarned about all of the steps!
What a unique tool this is for communicating information, sharing pictures, collaborating, and organizing data! I really loved it and had fun setting up my page. I enjoyed expressing myself creatively in this way and can see this as a very useful means of communicating in a classroom or as a department. I usually introduce myself to my choirs at the beginning of each school year and try to share a little about myself personally with my students through a collage or a "me bag". Maybe this fall I'll use a wiki page instead!
I also brainstormed about uses for this in my church worship ministries that I'm involved in. We collaborate on worship planning and a wiki would be so much less cumbersome than emails!
I really liked visiting the other wiki pages of my classmates and reading the "burning questions" - quite thought provoking! Of all of the "things" so far this is definitely the one that I spent the most time on, by nature of the assignment, but also, because I found myself wanting to be more creative and it was really fun to experiment and play in the sandbox! After all, building sandcastles is so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment