Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Thing #21 - Google web tools

I explored several of these google tools, and decided to set up a Google Calendar and Google Alert. My calendar is for my husband to keep up with all of our personal "comings and goings" and also some job related stuff that I have going on this month. I am such a calendar nerd! We all tend to live by them in my family, so this will be a very helpful personal tool. I think I will also use it for my colleagues to keep up with my busy schedule during the school year. And of course, this would work for our "choir calendar" to share with students and parents.
The Google Alerts that I set up are for the Texas Rangers Baseball team and the Van Cliburn Piano Competition - two items of interest to me! I definitely think that on a professional level keeping up with news events for my field as well as education in general is very important. Google Alerts is good for people like me that don't have time to sit down and scan a newspaper or magazine, but can be up to date on information relating to a specific subject, team, competition, or specific event. This will be very useful!

No comments:

Post a Comment