Thursday, July 9, 2009

Thing - #23 Ning Network

The last "thing"! I think these "things" are finally clicking with me! I feel like this last exploration into another web 2.0 tool has caused it all to make more sense to me and brought everything together.
I definitely can see how the use of a Ning network could benefit me professionally in my pursuit of excellence as an educator. Searching through the comments of other educators really pricks my brain and stimulates thoughts in many areas. I found a Music Techie Teachers network that had interesting posts on Garage Band ( a tool we've used in choir for recording). I would like to use this more and it was interesting to see that it is so widely used in music classes. I also found an interesting music theory project that could possibly be useful.
Another use for a Ning network could be our TFME group (Texas Future Music Educators) or our Region 3 choir directors. Again, I can see that email is cumbersome at times compared to some of these new tools.
In my personal and family life, my husband and I enjoy running and have been in quite a few 5k and 10k races. It would be fun to set up a Ning network for runners or sprint triathletes (I've been in a few sprint triathlons) - or to narrow that to educators that are runners!



Visit 23 Thingsters

No comments:

Post a Comment